Last year e commerce transactions 7 trillion and 850 billion yuan Figure

[13.33%] Chinese electronic commerce market transactions in 2012 amounted to 7 trillion and 850 billion yuan, an increase of 30.83%, including online retail transactions amounted to 1 trillion and 320 billion yuan, while in 2020, this scale may reach 4 trillion and 200 billion yuan. Recently, China electronic commerce research center and the McKinsey Global Institute released a report, the Chinese e-commerce market showing rapid growth, is expected to 2020, the retail network can be accounted for Chinese consumer market share of 10%-16%.

online retail growth of 64.7%

China Electronic Commerce Research Center released a report yesterday that China’s e-commerce market in 2012 amounted to 7 trillion and 850 billion yuan transactions, an increase of 30.83%. Among them, B2B transactions amounted to 6 trillion and 250 billion yuan, an increase of 27%; online retail transactions amounted to 1 trillion and 320 billion yuan, an increase of 64.7%; the network group purchase market transactions amounted to 34 billion 885 million yuan, while in 2011 this figure was only 21 billion 632 million yuan, an increase of 61%.

in 2012 China’s online retail market has been second only to the United States, becoming the world’s second largest online shopping market, the growth rate has greatly exceeded the rest of the world, since 2003, the compound growth rate of up to 120%. The McKinsey report is expected by 2020, with Taobao and Tmall as the representative of the China scale online retail market could reach 4 trillion and 200 billion yuan, the equivalent of today the United States and Japan, Britain and Germany and France’s total online retail market.

despite the rapid growth of online retail, but it has been difficult to determine whether the current online consumption does contribute to the growth of total consumption, or simply replace the line consumption. The report by analyzing the relationship between per capita consumption and net Chinese 266 city total consumption level and found that about 60% of the online and offline retail consumption is replaced, the remaining 40% is if there is no online shopping will not happen the new consumption. It can be seen that the online consumer spending as a whole.

pull down overall retail price

not all goods are sold online and offline. According to statistics, there are about 45%-85% online sales of goods online and offline channels have sales, which is common goods.

comprehensive network operators said that at present the common goods online average price lower than the price of 6%-16% line. Home and entertainment products are the two most expensive online discounts, followed by clothing. These three types of goods is also China’s largest online retail market size and penetration of the big three. Overall, online retail sales are likely to reduce the country’s average retail price by 0.2%-0.4% (2011) and 0.3%-0.6% (2012).

, however, online retail sales are dropping and the average retail price in China is weakening. Starting from 2010, the main product categories of online network retail prices generally increase over.